I'm a Human Inbox

Saturday, April 30, 2005

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: The movie, radio show and everything



First off, the radio show for HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy can be downloaded here by Bittorrent. So far, from what I've been listening to it's pretty similar to the movie, albeit more accurate.

I went to see the movie last night and I was pleasantly surprised. I was expecting over budgeted garbage because the previous TV show was very disappointing. Also, the movie has been in post-production stages for like 20 years so I was expecting a very scrambled version.

The movie was funny, well casted and sported great special effects. My only complaint is that the funniest moments of the movie were the voiceovers by the narrator, which had text lifted straight out of the book, which kind of shows that the book has more comedic power than the movie itself did. But I was impressed by the visuals, they mixed computer graphics and live action puppetry which gave it a Labyrinth feel to it.

Definitely go see this movie, it's worth seeing regardless of whether you've read the book or not.

Link