I'm a Human Inbox

Friday, May 27, 2005

20 things gamers want from the seventh generation of game consoles


Boink. Wait a second! I'm a virgin!

Immersion means soothing to sleep the part of our brain that remembers we're not intergalactic bounty hunters or world-class athletes. And that part of us is rudely jostled awake when our snowboarder bounces off an invisible wall in midair...


Pointless Waste of Time has an awesome article outlining all the things in games that need to be fixed and whether it's likely that they will with the next generation. I think as gamers a lot of people put up with the things that frustrate them, and this article is filled with a healthy amount of bitterness and humour that allows us to realize that we're putting up with a lot of unnecessary crap.

For example, I totally agree that jumping puzzles are the worst feature ever created. I never want to see another jumping puzzle again. Or save points. Or generic boxes. Or bad AI. Or invisible walls.

Link