I'm a Human Inbox

Monday, May 30, 2005

The Darth Side: Memoirs of a Monster



The Darth Side is a Blog done by Darth Vader himself. At first I thought it was going to be a humourous website, with someone attempting to impersonate Darth Vader, but it actually turned out to be a very serious, well written storyline of what is going on through Anakin's head inbetween the scenes of the movies. Vader dwells upon his past life and struggles with his future and the conflict that goes on within him.

Luke made his appeal again, stepping up to me and searching my lenses with his eyes. "I feel the conflict with you, let go of your hate!"

Poor fool, if only he knew. Innocent as a junior temple youngling, he parroted the dead preachings of an extinct order of loveless charlatans. If only the difference between dark and light were so simple as not being afraid. He cannot conceive of the fear he must know if he is to face the burden of the true Force.

It is too late for me. My hour has come and gone. Words would gain us nothing. And I could stand the torment of his gaze no longer. I ordered Skywalker be flown up to the Death Star without further delay. "...My father is truly dead," said my son as the lift closed.


Link (via GrumpyGamer)