I'm a Human Inbox

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Girl pretends she's a non-gamer to see how stores treat her



This is a great survey here. A girl from 1up went in to pretend she was clueless about gaming and that she was buying a console for her boyfriend. She went to Gamestop, EBgames, ToysRus and Best Buy. Gamestop did a really good job, EB was snobby and ToysRus and Best Buy were horribly clueless.

I would have liked to have seen more questions, and more stores done but only because what they did was so entertaining.

Toys 'R' Us
Spy: My boyfriend says more polygons are better. What are those?

Clerk: Let me ask about that. [Asks a coworker, who also doesn't know. Calls "Mike" on intercom. D'oh. Mike doesn't know, either.] I don't know what that is. I know megabytes! I know the PS2 has more.


Pssst! PS2 definately does not have more "megabytes".

Link (via Slashdot)