I'm a Human Inbox

Monday, June 13, 2005

Shigeru Miyamoto T-shirt



I've been rather sick of seeing shirts with sports stars and rock stars on them - I wanted something portraying people I admire. So I bought some paint, basic stenciling tools, and started by making a Shigeru Miyamoto shirt. Shigeru is (of course) the man behind Donkey Kong, Super Mario Bros., and Zelda, among others. He is one of the most consistently brilliant game designers out there, very innovative and very fun. Who better to immortalize on a shirt?


Fucking-A! I'm realizing that I'm a T-Shirt whore, I love to buy shirts that reflect my inner embarrassing secrets, or that display some obscure piece of nerd culture. A Shigeru Miyamoto shirt isn't necessarily obscure, but it's definitely a hero which isn't represented upon regular apparel. I think it's great to see people who are proud of their own personal heroes.

I want one. Is it sad I recognised his face as soon as I saw the picture?

Link (via Kotaku)