I'm a Human Inbox

Monday, July 11, 2005

The Making Of Goldeneye



Press the Buttons points out a good post about the creation process of Goldeneye for the N64. Goldeneye has remained my favorite game of all time, I played Goldeneye for about 4 or 5 years straight, usually about 2 or 3 times a week during highschool. I'd like to revisit it sometime, hopefully my fond memories are not just nostalgia.

Nintendo had picked up the licence from the licensors. The licensors didn't really value the licence, they looked at it along the lines of the licence to put Bond on coffee mugs. Nintendo thought Rare might like to do the game: they saw it as a SNES side scroller, to be done along the lines of Donkey Kong Country. They thought Martin might be a good chap to do it: smart, good with teams of people. Hollis said if he did it, it was to be a 3D shooting game, on the Ultra.


Link (via Press The Buttons)