I'm a Human Inbox

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Gameboy Micro Commercials


[Media: Videos]

I don't know why I like analyzing Nintendo Commercials so much, so don't ask if you're wondering. The new Gameboy Micro Commercial is pretty awesome, it doesn't really feel like a videogame commercial which I think fits their target demographic very nicely. It's stylish, isn't catchy and it's weird, but it has nothing to do with playing videogames. This is a commercial for the people who spend a lot of time making themselves look hot, or are at least trying fairly hard. Don't get me wrong, I like the commercial but I also realize that they're not trying to sell to me.

But Nintendo has their bases covered with the Gameboy Micro because they've also got ads for the casual-non gamers that are about playing videogames. These two examples show people who are given a Gameboy Micro for the first time. They check it out, turn it on and start playing and even though it's in Japanese, you can tell they're enjoying it. That's a videogame commercial. The two ads are different. but they're both good. (Video 1 Video 2)

Link (via 4 Color Rebellion)