I'm a Human Inbox

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Katrina Magic Cards


[Media: Images]

This has been hovering around on my backlist for a while, but I think it needs to be put up here. This page has a large number of Magic the Gathering Cards based on Politicians, the Media and the events surrounding Katrina. A lot of them are really funny to see being translated into Magic the Gathering Cards. I used to play MTG a lot when I was younger, so it's neat to see this, I'm surprised parody cards like this aren't generated more often.

To be honest, part of the reason I didn't post this sooner was because I was worried that people would complain. But honestly, these cards are just for fun, and the images and quotes are pulled from real life coverage so it's not that much of a stretch. Besides, this site is intended to be about entertainment, and I consider this to be a good example of it.

To those who accuse their satirical project of being in poor taste, Ubiq and Lum say, "We think that the overall government response to Katrina was in really poor taste (at all levels), and since this mostly holds a mirror up to the quotes and images of those involved, I suppose that response is not terribly surprising."


Brokentoys has been getting a lot of traffic, so there are a couple of Mirrors available.

Link (via Fazed)