I'm a Human Inbox

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Revolution Controller Mockup: Light Gun


[Media: Article]

IGN seems to like making their own controller mockups for the Revolution, one of which I've pointed out before. This time they're talking about the possibility of a lightgun shell, and what it might look like and be used for. I really like their idea for the lightgun shell, especially the analog stick near the back, but I do have one slight adjustment to recommend.

There needs to be a couple more buttons on that gun. The pump can be used for reloading sure, but what about jumping or changing weapons or anything like that? I think it'd be a good idea to move the revolution controller so that it's laying on its side facing left. That way the user could use their thumbs to access the buttons on the controller for stuff like jumping and weapon cycling.

Link