I'm a Human Inbox

Monday, October 17, 2005

Blogging: Top Ten Design Mistakes


[Media: Article]

I found this article to be really good for the most part, and I took some of its advice into consideration. For example:

1. No Author Biographies
2. No Author Photo

I really haven't done either, sometime soon I'll put up a more detailed Biography. I always considered it to be unnecessary, but then again I do like to know information about the Bloggers I read. As for the photo, that only drove me nuts. I have a lot of pictures of me, but I was getting really picky about which "one" I wanted to show on my website. The picture that is up right now, may change sometime in the future.

I also put a Top 10 list on the sidebar of the Blog. The only problem with the list is that the majority of the posts which get a lot of attention are gaming related, and although I do talk about gaming a lot I don't want people to assume that this is a "Gaming Blog". It's not. It's a Blog revolving around my interests and strange sense of humour.

Finally, the article suggests that Bloggers eventually move away from sites like Blogger.com because having a site which has control over your Blog is a bad idea... I agree, I should move this site to something that I have more control over, but that would probably take a lot of reorganization. That might be a project better suited to the Christmas holidays.

If any readers have suggestions for things they'd like to see on this site, let me know. I'd love to hear some comments about the design or content of I'm a Human Inbox.

Link (via Boing Boing)