I'm a Human Inbox

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Mark Reign talks smack about Nintendo Revolution


[Media: Video]

Normally I wouldn't pay mind to people talking about their dislike for the Revolution, but Mark Reign is such a wanker I can't help it. Mark Reign is Epic's Vice President and he says that the Next-Gen videogames will be all about graphics. Reign believes that there doesn't need to be any other innovation besides better graphics, and thinks that the Revolution will be a "crappy, cheap, I-wish-I-hadn't-bought-it gimmick".

I don't understand that sort of thinking, I don't believe that making games look prettier is the solution to making better games. I think game design, gameplay and unique ideas make better games than graphics. Look no further than Doom 3 and Quake 4.

Everyone else around Reign just looked uncomfortable as he dominated the entire panel with his gushing love for the Xbox 360. Many times during the panel he loudly bashed Nintendo, and fans who owned Nintendo products. Most of the panel didn't say anything until Reign allowed them time to talk, which wasn't often.

What a fricking ass. Watch the video, it is at least a good panel of experts and they all have opinions worth hearing.

Link (via Kotaku)