I'm a Human Inbox

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Princess Bride Musical


[Media: Article]

Is there word of a Princess Bride Musical on the wind? It seems so:

Composer Adam Guettel and screenwriter William Goldman will collaborate on a musical version or the hit fairy tale film "The Princess Bride," the New York Post reported.


The Princess Bride remains a favorite movie of mine, and I'm always amazed at the kind of appeal this movie achieves between both girls and boys. There's romance, there's comedy, action and fantasy. There really isn't anything not to love about this movie. Well maybe except for that kid from the Wonder Years.

I remember a little while ago I was in Blockbuster and I overheard two guys talking about Princess Bride:

Guy 1: Hey, The Princess Bride! Remember that movie? It totally rocked.
Guy 2: Actually I've never seen it. It looks gay.
Guy 1: What? You're kidding right? How can you say you've never seen this movie? That's seriously impossible dude. You're the gay one for never seeing this movie.

Well said, Guy number one, well said. In anycase I would love to see a musical based on The Princess Bride. Sign me up. On another note, I've never read the book which the movie is based on. I should probably do that.

Link