I'm a Human Inbox

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Shadow of the Colossus Video Reviews


[Media: Videos]

I have two things I want to mention here. One is that I love video reviews for videogames. Gamespot has been doing a good job of video reviews for a while, and I find that it's refreshing to be able to watch a game in action instead of reading about it. IGN doesn't do many video reviews for their games, but lately the quality of the video reviews has been really good, artistic almost. To see what I mean, check out IGN's video review of F.E.A.R sometime.

Anyway, I just watched IGN's video review for Shadow of the Colossus and it's convinced me that I must go and play this game even though I don't own a PS2. There have been few games that have made me steal my friends' PS2s, and they include God of War, and Katamari Damacy. Shadow of the Colossus was made by the same guys who made ICO, which settles this discussion right now. This game is a work of art, both its world and the animation and fantastically beautiful and there is a sense of aching loneliness to the whole experience.

Gamespot also has a Video Review, which is short and to the point, but still relevant. There is also a Viral Ad for Shadow of the Colossus which feels a little too subtle if you ask me, but it's still interesting.

Go watch the video reviews even if you don't think you're interested.

Link