I'm a Human Inbox

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

NBC News Opens to the Internet


[Media: Article]

Yes I know that every other Blogger in the World has probably mentioned this, but it's still awesome.

NBC News said Monday that it would begin making its "NBC Nightly News" broadcast available for free on the Internet starting next week.


This is exciting news and I hope that other broadcasters follow NBC's example. The Nightly News will also open up past shows to the Internet. I think that more broadcasters should be doing similar things, for this benefits everybody. It benefits customers because they can have access to information they normally would never be able to. And it benefits the broadcasters because they can advertise before each clip.

I seriously have no issues being able to watch The Daily Show, for example, online at the cost of a 10 second commercial.

Link (via Waxy)