I'm a Human Inbox

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Save Reading Rainbow


[Media: Website]

This post is half a joke and half serious. Although the idea of a petition to save the show Reading Rainbow sounds pretty funny, after checking out the site I was reminded of how much I loved Reading Rainbow while growing up.

When I was little I used to watch this show all the time for I was a major bookworm and I loved going to the library. My mom being a teacher encouraged me to watch this show, one of the few shows that she didn't tell me to stop watching and go outside. Although it wasn't the most exciting show on TV, I realize now that it was a part of my childhood and that it was good for me.

Sponsors and potential sponsors of the program don't understand the significant viewer-ship and support the show enjoys - and without their support, production of Reading Rainbow will stop! Reading Rainbow is in dire need of funds to produce new shows for the series. Without new episodes, this wonderful series WILL go off the air thus cutting off access to fantastic books, on-location experiences and LeVar Burton's magic for countless children, their parents and teachers.


So check out this website. They're also selling T-Shirts that say "Save Reading Rainbow!", something which I would dearly love to have because that's the kind of dork I am. I also clearly remember the Reading Rainbow Intro and about half of the words from the theme song.

Link (via julius12)