I'm a Human Inbox

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Sony Demonstration: Dancing Robots


[Media: Video]

Check out this video of a tech demonstration for these Sony Robots and their dancing abilities. I was skeptical at first, I thought that their movements would be stiff and awkward but for the most part I was pleasantly surprised.

These robots have excellent arm and leg movements and can accurately do a lot of moves that you wouldn't consider most robots to pull off properly. The only thing that seems to need a little work is their feet, which tend to shuffle, and their hips. They definitely can't shake their robotic cans like... Well just go watch Much Music and you'll know what I mean.

Update: Beck's music video Hell Yes uses these robots, and it's a much better video than the one I originally posted. The site requires "registration", but you can just put in bogus information and it'll let you in.

Link