I'm a Human Inbox

Saturday, November 05, 2005

Top Ten Violent Death Scenes


[Media: Article]

Take a look at this list of the Top Ten Violent Death Scenes in movies. I agree with the placement of the American History X Curb Stomp, which is incredibly memorable, and one commenter puts it aptly:

...for some reason when I watch that I know what it feels like to have my teeth around a concrete curb.


I think the reason for that feeling, is the sound. The sound of the teeth on the curb is something that resonates a tactile feeling, the kind of feeling that you get when you rub two kinds of fabric together that feel awful for some reason.

I definitely feel that there are some movies that are missing from this list, like Sin City when Elijah Wood's character gets his arms and legs chopped off, and then is eaten alive by a dog. Comment if you can think of any good ones that should have been on this list.

Link