I'm a Human Inbox

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Le Parkour


[Media: Video]

In the last couple of days I've been pestered by a number of people about this video. What this guy is doing is called Le Parkour, and I haven't really touched on it because it was one of those things that I assumed most people knew about already.

Le Parkour is an acrobatic form of movement in which people use everyday objects and structures to climb, jump, flip and scale their way through. People who are proficient in Le Parkour can reach great heights and tend to run and jump from rooftop to rooftop of the buildings they climb.
Le Parkour - or the Art of Movement - is a way of using the obstacles found in one's path to perform jumps and acrobatics...Everything must combine speed, fluidity, aesthetics and originality.

I've mentioned this style of movement in the movie Banlieue 13, and if you haven't seen it yet I recommend that you do. It's got a fantastic chase scene involving Le Parkour.

In anycase, check out the latest Le Parkour video that's been going around, it's pretty amazing.

Link (Thanks to those who kept pestering me about this video)