I'm a Human Inbox

Friday, December 09, 2005

Tintin Theatre Production


[Media: Article]

Did you know that there's a Tintin theatre production on display right now? It's a pity that it's only on in London because I would love to go see it. As a kid I read every Tintin book I could get my hands on. Tintin has been translated into 50 different languages and celebrated his 75th anniversary in 2004 which means that my father also was reading Tintin when he was little.

The director remarks on the differences between theatre and the movies:
The standard of storytelling for families in Hollywood films is incredibly high at the moment, almost a golden age. But, in a way, computer-generated imagery can make us lazy. If they can do anything, why should anything impress us? Here, if we want to make mountains and flying work, we have to use our imaginations. The unique selling point of theatre now is that your effects really have to be special.

Link (via Drawn)