I'm a Human Inbox

Friday, January 06, 2006

Bliss: The Smart Customizable Sex Game


[Media: Game]

I don't consider myself to be very outwardly sexual, I'm pretty private about the whole thing, but Bliss has peaked my interest and I think it's a fantastic idea.

Bliss is an erotic but tasteful computerized boardgame for couples and is extremely smart and customizable. On the most basic level it's much like a game of Monopoly, but it's the customization that is really interesting. Each couple can set up a profile in which they pick their sexual preferences and their interests in each area on a scale of 1 to 10. You can then select which toys you have available in the house, and music from your own library on your computer.

Clothes are also fully customizable and the program understands concepts such as layers and how each piece of clothing interacts with eachother. Finally each partner can describe how aroused they are before the game starts, and the game will balance out each person's passion level to work with how aroused they are.

Wired has an excellent article talking about Bliss, which you should read if you're interested in trying the program out.
For example, when I started at passion level two ("Cold"), the game assigned my boyfriend the action of looking in my eyes and telling me why he thinks I'm wonderful. For 30 seconds. (I told you this was a good game!)

The only thing I couldn't figure out was whether or not this game supports same sex couples. If it doesn't I'm sure it'll be updated soon because there are expansion packs slated for a mid-January release which will provide further sexual options such as Bondage among other things.

I am single at the moment so I have no way to test this game out, but perhaps I can get a friend of mine to try it out and let me know how it goes.

Link (via Wired)