I'm a Human Inbox

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Lawrence Lessig: Google Print


[Media: Video]

Lawrence Lessig is my hero, something you won't hear very often when talking about a Lawyer. Lessig is the Author of Free Culture, is founder and chairman of the Creative Commons and a board member of the Electronic Frontier Foundation. Like I said, my personal hero.

Lessig is also a fantastic public speaker who uses slides to great effect during his speeches. This time Lessig is speaking about Google Print, and the impending lawsuit by the Author's Guild. If you have any interest in Google, Copyright or Fair Use issues, this is required viewing. I won't go into any details myself on the issue, because Lessig says it best.

The link is a torrent file but a lot of people are downloading it so it goes fairly quickly. If you are interested in hearing more of Lawrence's speeches be sure to check out his talk on Free Culture.

Link (via Boing Boing)