I'm a Human Inbox

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Ted Haggard


[Media: Video/Audio]

Now I tend to avoid bringing up religious/scientific debates, but this video clip is so fascinating that I can't help but point it out. For those of you who are religious, you may want to avoid listening to the audio documentary due to it's heavy bias in favor of science. I think it's a fascinating and engaging listen, but that's just me.

Ted Haggard is the pastor of New Life Church in Colorado Springs and quote "talks to... Bush or his advisers every Monday..." and claims that "No pastor in America holds more sway over the political direction of evangelicalism..."

What I really want to point out is Ted Haggard's serious fallacies in his arguments, and a complete lack of understanding in the subject he is lecturing. I don't think he realizes his own hypocrisy by accusing Richard Dawkins of being arrogant.

Watch this for the logic fallacies, not the underlying issue.

Link (via The Exploding Aardvark)