I'm a Human Inbox

Monday, January 16, 2006

Top Gear: Lotus Exige vs. Apache


[Media: Video]

I've brought up my lack of interest and knowledge in cars before, but despite that I think I really like the show Top Gear. It's a British show featuring cool things about cars, a good sense of humour and a very large budget.

This video shows off what only the Lotus Exige can do best. The Lotus isn't a fancy or a particularly fast vehicle, but what it excels at is high speed cornering. Not only does the engine keep the vehicle at top speeds while doing sharp turns, it has computer controlled flaps and spoilers which help ease the car into turns. But that's not the best part about this video.

To test how well this car handles, they got an Apache Helicopter, which specializes in target locking, to see if it could keep up with the Lotus Exige and try to get as many missile locks as possible.

I think the Lotus won. Sweet.

Link (via Fazed)