I'm a Human Inbox

Monday, January 16, 2006

Ultraviolet


[Media: Trailer]

Ultraviolet is written and directed by the same guy who did Equilibrium, one of the most under-rated and un-watched movies of that year. If you haven't seen Equilibrium, you owe it to yourself to check it out because it has some of the best Gun Kung-Fu you've ever seen (not that it existed before that movie).

Ultraviolet looks very similar to Aeon Flux, a movie which I was excited about but eventually passed on. I have high hopes for Ultraviolet, not as a Science Fiction movie but rather as an action movie.

Here's to crossed fingered hoping.

Update: Steve (Jezebeau) sent me an email commenting about Ultraviolet the other day:
Ultraviolet was filmed in Hong Kong, and [my sister] did some extra work. She made a name for herself (as in the director called her [by her name] instead of "Talent"), and even spent an hour at lunch one on one with Milla. That actually had a lot of bearing in [my sister] deciding she didn't want to continue as a model. She didn't like what she heard of the working hours.

Link (via Pixel Kill)