I'm a Human Inbox

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Weekly Roundup

I'm a Human Inbox's Favorite Post of the Week:
CBS: Cyber Athlete 'Fatal1ty'


Although not necessarily the most entertaining post of the week, it was definitely the most interesting one for me. Not only did Jonathan Wendel receive mainstream attention for being a professional gamer, but I had the opportunity to listen in on a local radio show's impression of gaming. I didn't really do a write up of the radio show incident, but I sent an email to Kotaku and Brian Ashcroft wrote a post about what I told him. Among other things Pia Shandel said was that, "No wonder women are so uninspired by men these days when all they do is play videogames". Be sure to check out the link to read the rest of her comments.

I also brought up the subject with fellow computer science students, and to my surprise they had no idea who Jonathan Wendel, aka Fatal1ty was. I don't expect everyone to know this stuff, but these people are the cream of the crop nerds and I figured they were ontop of their gaming news. Not so. Most people I know are gamers, but usually dedicated to a very small selection of gaming culture and platforms. They were fascinated by the whole story after I told them, but I was a little disappointed that out of 5 hardcore gamers I talked to, none of them knew who Fatal1ty was.

This video earned 19 Clicks this week.

Reader's Favorite Post of the Week:
Bloodrayne Sex Scene


Although the Bloodrayne post is slightly over a week old, it's earned earned 100 Clicks this week which is fairly impressive. People must be doing searches for this kind of stuff.

The post which earned the most amount of clicks due to being linked to was Katamari Damacy Cheques which earned over 471 clicks in one day. What's amusing is that the guy who made the cheques noticed my post and commented about it:
That guy re-typed my image caption! Oh you crazy bloggers.