I'm a Human Inbox

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Code Monkey


[Media: Music]

Human Inbox reader Michael sent me a link to the song Code Monkey by Jonathan Coulton the other day, and I think it's pretty awesome. Code Monkey is about a lowly normal and sensitive coder and his troubles (or rather his feelings) at work.

So all you Managers Rob, you need to be nice to your Code Monkeys! They have feelings too you know. You might also want to check out the Lyrics for this song while you're listening to it.
Code Monkey get up get coffee
Code Monkey go to job
Code monkey have boring meeting, boring manager Rob
Rob say Code Monkey very diligent
But his output stink
His code not functional or elegant
What do Code Monkey think
Code Monkey think maybe manager wanna write goddamn login page himself

As a sidenote, my Hard Drive crashed and burned a couple of days ago, so I'm running off an ancient laptop right now. I might not be able to do as many super excellent posts due to my laptop's inability to display videos.

Link (Thanks Michael!)