I'm a Human Inbox

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Mystic Ball


[Media: Video]

Mystic Ball is a documentary film about a sport in Thailand akin to hackey sack. I admit that I don't know much about this film, or the sport itself, but the film is very beautiful. The audience in background seems almost entirely comprised of Buddhist Monks, I wonder where they're performing?

Update: Since making this post I have recieved an email from Greg Hamilton detailing information about this film. It also looks like the Chinlone site has been updated with further information since my original post.
I saw on your I'm A Human Inbox blog a link to the film Mystic Ball. I just wanted to let you know that you have some wrong information about the sport. Please look at Cchinlone.com or the Wikipedia article on chinlone. It is the traditional sport of Myanmar (Burma).

Thanks for linking to it. We are having the world premiere for Mystic Ball at Hot Docs Canadian International Documentary Film Festival on May 1, 9:30pm at the Isabel Bader Theatre - 93 Charles St. - and a second screening on May 7, 7:00pm at the ROM Theatre. It's a feature length documentary - 83 minutes.

Chinlone is non-competitive dance-like sport - a team sport with no opposing team - a spiritual game that has been played for over 1500 years.


Link (via Drasl)