I'm a Human Inbox

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Thank You For Smoking


[Media: Video]

"Thank You For Smoking" is a movie about a tobacco lobbyist who spins the truths and lies about smoking in order to create a positive image for the tobacco industry. It reminds me of Lord of War and looks fricking hilarious; I'd really love to see it.

It's apparently out in theatres right now, but it didn't show up in my town so it looks like I'm going to have to wait for the DVD release. For those who don't know what a Mephistopheles is (like me) here's the definition:
Mephistopheles is the evil spirit to whom Faust sold his soul and is a name given to one of the chief demons of Christian mythology that figure in European literary traditions. The name is frequently used as an alternative form of Satan or the Devil.

Link (via Joystiq)