I'm a Human Inbox

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Loading Ready Run: Why the Wii?


[Media: Video]

I've been purposefully avoiding discussing the Nintendo Revolution's official name change to "Wii" (pronounced "We"), mostly because people have been getting so incredibly upset about it. I could care less. The name does not change the functionality of the system, nor its potential. And if you think about it, Google is an incredibly stupid name but you don't hear people complaining about it.

But, I would still like to make a couple of contributions to the Wii conversation, mostly through stupid videos. Loading Ready Run did a little video about the Wii, which warns that Sony will change their console name to "Woo" and Microsoft will follow with "Yaa" which will steal all of our cries of jubilation. I've been a huge fan of Loading Ready Run ever since Theresa pointed them out to me, and I encourage you to check out some of their other stuff beyond their Wii video.

As an extra, check out this little animated Gif, Don't Fear the Wii. Oh the stupidity!

Link