I'm a Human Inbox

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Boards of Canada: Dayvan Cowboy


[Media: Music Video]

This music video, for some reason, has been a long time coming. I've wanted to post this video for a while, but I never quite managed to decide how to go about it.

The first part of this music video contains footage of Joseph Kittinger, the first man in space and set the record for the highest space jump ever attempted. A documentary video of this jump can be found here on Google Video. As Kittinger passes through the clouds the scene changes to become a surfing video. Set to instrumental music, the images shown in this video are achingly beautiful. I do not know why this music video interests me so.

While I'm speaking on music videos, I should also point out a website which occupied a large portion of my time today. Pitchfork's 100 Awesome Music Videos has an impressively large list of music videos which all contain embedded Youtube videos. Although I didn't agree with all their choices, it's still an interesting way to spend some time surfing the Internet.

Link