I'm a Human Inbox

Friday, July 21, 2006

Rinocerose: Cubicle


[Media: Music Video]

Clip Tip hasn't been my favorite music video blog lately and most of the posts are boring and nonsensical. I don't understand why anyone would post music videos that they don't recommend. Quality complaints of Clip Tip aside, I've really enjoyed the song Cubicle by Rinocerose.

Cubicle has choreographed guitar posturing, play fighting and adlib silly dancing. It's a little difficult to pin down why I really like this video, but I've been thinking a lot about what makes a good music video lately. I watch a lot of music videos, and I'm amazed by how many are just plain boring. Why are there so many bad music videos? It seems disproportionate to other forms of media that I enjoy.

I think one of the biggest problems with music videos is that it is boring to watch people sing and play their instruments. Although it's fun to watch that sort of thing at a live performance, it really doesn't work well on TV. The good music videos, I think, include very little actual singing. And that is what's good about this video; no singing.

Link (via Clip Tip)