I'm a Human Inbox

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Valve: Portal Training


[Media: Video]

Some really interesting stuff has been coming out of Valve lately and now I finally have a bit of time to talk about it here. If you haven't seen Valve's Portal trailer I encourage you to do so by clicking the picture above. Portal is a puzzle game which uses a portal gun to solve a number of interesting spatial problems and it ships for free in Half-Life 2: Episode 2. The concepts and puzzles within Portal are complex for they deal with the ability to bend space itself.

Portal was developed by the team responsible for Narbacular Drop, a game which is free and was created earlier this year.

If you liked the trailer for Portal, I recommend that you check out 1up's Episode 38 of the 1up Show. 1up discusses Portal, Narbacular Drop, Half-Life 2: Episode 2, Team Fortress 2 and The Ship. I'm personally very interested in The Ship and I'm curious to see how it turns out.

Link (via Joystiq)